How can anyone, hope to be considered, a leader, unless/ until, they provide the level of genuine, meaningful, relevant leadership, they need, and DESERVE? When was the last time, you observed, someone, who was, either, elected, selected, or ascended, to any specific position, who, actually, focused, and emphasized, truly, leading? Perhaps, one of the main reasons, so many organizations, today, are risking, a lack of sustainability, is, because, there are so few, meaningful, genuine, relevant, focused leaders! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why this matter, and what it might mean, and represent.
1. Delve deeply; discover; deliver: Only when someone, begins with effective listening, and pays keen attention, in order to consistently learn, from every conversation, and experience, will he discover, what his constituents, perceive, desire, and want, and what the group needs to do, to remain relevant, and sustainable! He must be willing to deliver on his promises, rather than, merely, proceeding, with empty rhetoric!
2. Empathy; emphasis: Never confuse genuine empathy, with sympathy! Empathy demands putting yourself, in someone else’s place, and aligning your emphasis, on these perceptions, needs, goals, and priorities. When this is done, a leader becomes more attractive, to those, he serves and represents.
3. Service; solutions; system; sustainable: One’s focus must be, on providing the utmost level of relevant service, and focus! He must implement the finest, possible system, to address needs, and priorities! Instead of blaming, complaining, and making excuses, great leaders emphasize providing viable solutions, in a relevant, sustainable manner!
4. Energy; energetic: A leader’s genuine energy, and energetic behavior and focus, is necessary, in order to energize, both, actual, as well as potential constituents, towards greater involvement and commitment!
5. Relevant; responsive; realistic; reasoning/ rationale: It’s not meaningful leading, unless/ until, one’s focus is on relevant needs, goals, and priorities! He must provide responsive, realistic leadership, which emphasizes, meaningful service and representation! While he must be somewhat, idealistic, this must be combined with realistic, pragmatic considerations. Consider, how one’s reasoning, is determined, and be willing, to explain, your rationale, in terms of potential, and benefits!
6. Vision; value; values; views: How can anyone effectively, lead, if he doesn’t possess a relevant, essential, vital vision, which inspires and motivates others, to follow? There must be an alignment, between providing necessary value, with maintaining a commitment to the values of the group, and stakeholders. If someone’s personal views, do not fit this mold, he probably should avoid, becoming a leader!
7. Excellence; endurance; expectations: Since there will always be, obstacles, one must have the endurance, to persist, regardless of any challenges, which might present themselves! He must handle expectations, and demand, his utmost, personal excellence!
Are you willing to provide the level of leadership, your group, and stakeholders, DESERVE? Are you, up to the tasks, and responsibilities?
Leaders: You Owe Constituents, The Leadership, They DESERVE! – leadership
Source by Richard Brody
FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. This Website is made available by the Publisher for educational and other informational purposes only, and this Website seeks to facilitate engaging and constructive conversations about business innovation and the application of technological advances in business and administrative profession. The “Publisher” is Kaduna Business School, LLC.
FAIR USE NOTICE. This Website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understanding of issues of innovation and the application of cutting-edge technologies in the law and the legal profession. The Publisher believes this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the Copyright Law. In accordance with THE LAW, the material on this Website is included for educational and informational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond “fair use,” you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Leaders: You Owe Constituents, The Leadership, They DESERVE!,
Richard Brody, http://ezinearticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539